Poached salmon is a dish that sounds fancy and complicated, but in reality it is one of the easiest ways to cook fish.
You don’t have to be a gourmet chef to cook up a healthy and satisfying poached salmon. It’s perfect to serve chilled on top of a salad or accompanied with some cauliflower mash and asparagus for a quick and easy dinner.
Add some flavor to the classic poached salmon by poaching it in some Drink Simple Maple Water. The maple water will add a touch of flavor to the fish without being overpowering or adding a ton of sugar.
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 1 lemon, cut into ¼ inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup Drink Simple original maple water
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp. jarred minced garlic
- 4 salmon fillets , 4-6 ounces each
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Arrange lemon slices in a single layer across the bottom of a 12-inch skillet.
- Mix bourbon, maple water, vinegar, thyme, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour maple water mixture over lemons in skillet.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon fillets skin-side down on top of lemons in skillet.
- Turn heat to high to bring liquid to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow liquid to simmer. Cover and cook 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- Turn off heat and transfer fish to a plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Either let cool to room temperature and chill in refrigerator to be enjoyed over a bed of forbidden rice and fresh asparagus for a healthy and balanced dinner.